Laurie Lytel, LCSW, LLC
10161 W. Park Run Drive, # 150
Las Vegas, NV 89145
702-858-8111 State of Nevada LCSW-01491-C
Email: [email protected]
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Trauma and Resilience: Theory and practice from the Israeli Experience. Clinical Training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Post-Traumatic Disorders.
Summer Program at Rothberg International School,
Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, 2013.
LCSW Clinical Supervisor,
1993 – present.
Approved by State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Work.
LCSW, State of Nevada, 1991.
MSW, University of Michigan School of Social Work,
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1989. Concentration: Interpersonal Practice.
BA Sarah Lawrence College,
Bronxville, New York, 1982. Concentrations: Writing & Women’s Studies
Working with children, adolescents, adults & families.
● Private Practice, Las Vegas, Nevada. 1993-1996; 2002 – present.
● Harmony Counseling Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. 1991-1993.
● Bridge Counseling Associates, Las Vegas, Nevada. 1991-1992
Clinical Social Worker
● Outpatient & Early Childhood Programs, State of Nevada, Division of Child &
Family Services, Las Vegas. 1993 - 2007. Youth ages 3 – 18 and their foster,
adoptive, and birth families.
● Adult Inpatient Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor.
1989-1991. Adults with eating disorders & their families.
● Managed Care Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan. 1989.
● Chelsea Partial Hospital Eating Disorders Program, Ann Arbor. 1989.
● Women’s Self-Esteem, Children’s Peer Skills
- Harmony Counseling, Las Vegas. 1991.
● Survivors of Suicide Support Group
- University of Michigan. 1987-1991.
● Women with AIDS, Children coping with AIDS losses
- AID for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN), Las Vegas, Nevada. 1991-1992
● AIDS Bereavement Group, Women with HIV/AIDS, Grief and Loss Workshops
- Wellness Networks, Inc. - Huron Valley, Ann Arbor. 1988-1991.
Lecturer, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Greenspun College of Urban Affairs, School of
Social Work, 2013 - present. Visiting Instructor, 2007 – 2013. Courses include:
● SW 410 Social Work Methods I
● SW 420 Social Work Practice I
● SW 425 Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
● SW 705 Social Work Practice with Groups
● SW 707 Contemporary Issues in Diversity:
Social Work Practice with LGBTQ Individuals and Families
● SW 719 Foundation Practicum I
● SW 720 Foundation Practice Methods I
● SW 730 Macro Theory and Practice
● SW 739 Field Practicum I
● SW 740 Direct Practice I (practice with individuals)
● SW 749 Field Practicum II
● SW 750 Direct Practice II (practice with families)
● SW 747 DSM-5: Assessment and Diagnosis
● SW 790 Family-Centered Services in Child Welfare
Professor of the Year
- Recognized by Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work Students
UNLV, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019.
PROFESSIONAL PAPERS PRESENTE
Building Cultural Competency for working with LGBTQ youth.
UNLV Social Work/Continuing Education partnership. Las Vegas, 2018.
From Stonewall to Orlando: Building Resiliency in LGBTQ Youth.
Lifestyle Intervention Conference, in partnership with National Association of Social
Workers, Nevada ChapterLas Vegas, 2016.
Grieving Stigmatized Losses
Annual Conference, Nevada Chapter, National Association of Social Workers,
Las Vegas. 1993
Grieving Stigmatized Losses: Comparing AIDS and Suicide Bereavement
National Association of Social Workers, Boston, MA. 1990
Michigan Association of Suicidology, Southfield, MI. 1990.
Survivors of Suicide
Michigan Association of Suicidology, Southfield, MI. 1987 – 1990.
Developing Cultural Competency in Working with LGBTQ Youth
- Clark County Department of Juvenile Justice, Feb. 2019
- Nevada - National Assoc. for Social Workers, March 2019
- UNLV Continuing Education, Dec. 2018.
The Business of Social Work
- Nevada Business of Social Work Workshop Series.
NASW-NV, UNLV, Las Vegas. 2018.
Addressing Self-Harmful Behaviors in Adolescents
- Teacher training, Clark County School District, Las Vegas. 2005.
Working with Gay and Lesbian Youth
- Second Annual Northern Nevada Conference on Children and Families,
- National Foster Parent Association, Las Vegas. 2002.
- State of Nevada Child Welfare Training Program,
Reno and Las Vegas. 1998, 2001.
- State of Nevada Foster Parent Training, Las Vegas. 1996.
- State of Nevada Division of Child and Family Services, Las Vegas 1984 - 1998.
Suicide Bereavement: Survivors of Suicide
- ● Resident Education, Family Practice, University of Nevada School of Medicine.
- University of Michigan School of Social Work. 1989 – 1991.
Experiences in Group Work
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor. 1991.
Feminist Approaches to Eating Disorders
University of Michigan Women’s Studies Program, Ann Arbor. 1991.
Alcohol and AIDS: The Risk Factors
Wellness-Networks-Huron Valley, Ann Arbor. 1989.
Coping with Grief and Loss
Wellness Networks Volunteer Training, Ann Arbor. 1988 - 1991.
AIDS-related Issues for Social Workers
Psychosocial Aspects of AIDS and Suicide
Interventions for Sexual Assault Survivors
McAuley Mental Health Services, Catherine McCauley Health Center,
Ypsilanti, Michigan. 1987 - 1989.
Sexual Assault and Safety Issues
University of Michigan Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center. 1987 - 88.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER WORK
Vegas Strong Resiliency Center, Las Vegas, 2018-present
Congregation P’nai Tikvah, Las Vegas, 2013 – present.
State of Nevada Democratic Party, 1994 – present.
AIDS for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN), Las Vegas, 1992 – 95.
Gay & Lesbian Center, Las Vegas, 1992 -94.
SafeNest, Las Vegas, 1991 – 93.
Trauma Intervention Program (TIP), Las Vegas, 1992 – 95.
Wellness-Networks, Ann Arbor, MI., 1987 – 1993.