Providing individual, child, adolescent, couples and family counseling. I also assess children ages 3 and older.
I do not provide child custody evaluations.
Treatment specializations includes:
- Depression & mood strugges
- Anxiety, worry, stress
- Trauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Working with a wide variety of families: single parent; divorced; blended; stepfamilies; birth; foster; adoptive; grandparents as parents.
- Working with LGBTQ (Lesbian,gay, bisexual, transgender and queer) families, adults, youth and children, including coming out and/or identity exploration.
- Working with children integrating into new family settings: foster, adoptive, and group homes.
- Parenting adolescents, including improving communications and relationships between family members.
- School difficulties, including assessing attentional issues such as ADHD.
- Grief and loss issues. Substantial experience in working with children and losses as well as suicide bereavement, AIDS-related bereavement.
- Work and career issues
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues, providing psychotherapy for depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, as well as working with adolescents and their families to promote increased communication and improved family functioning.
I believe in a family systems approach, which means that our behaviors, emotions, and choices are very often influenced by our families, whether or not we live with them or even speak with them.
I also often utilize cognitive-behavioral therapy, as well as occasional play therapy with children. Most clients benefit from a thoughtful integration of various therapeutic appraoches rather than one solitary approach.
Therapeutic needs and areas of exploration also change and develop over time, and I utilize therapeutic flexibility with each client. Different circumstances may demand different approaches. I work with each individual and/or family to adapt therapy to specific needs as much as possible